Thursday, July 24, 2008

Plateau

And so it was. We woke and we walked in shockingly pleasant cool breezes in the mid of the month of July. We were coming and going, alone and with company, in a constant search. Each treasure gained in my scavengering led to more seeking. Hot black tea cooled and cookies were the highlight of 10 AM. An acute light from the sun cut through the table while allergies blurred the vision and prolonged last night's sleep. The soundtrack was air conditioners and tiny little birds bouncing off each other, a noise that would be unattractive on its own but fine as an ensemble. I was reminded that often, there was nothing more than this, so I reclined in my chair. I was getting ready to contemplate making the daily impossible happen. Feeling had been distant for a few days. Those conversations that had once inspired had become lackluster, though more candid. We were sitting on a plateau. Ready to go spelunking.

No comments: