Saturday, October 24, 2009

gratitude

For the body that stands me
Bends me
Feels me
For the blood that pumps while I don’t
For the eye lashes that protect my sight
The lips that let me taste you
The nose that remembers her
The legs that get me there
The arms that let me speak
The fingers that let me be
The mind that pushes me
To live
The heart that guides me well
For the Saturday morning that lets me read
And escape
For the Sunday that lets me write
For the people that believe and try as much
For the people who care as little for money as much
For the people who care about people as much
For the people who do good in their sleep
For those people that I wake up and go to work with every day
For the work that found them
For replacing the feeling every morning that things aren’t right
With the feeling that things are challenging but right
For the feeling every morning
That I am going to exactly where I should be going
For the six months that turned everything around
For the faith
Thank you

No comments: