Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Twelve Hours in Moscow

Twelve hours in Moscow airport
I slept for the first two hours
While some kids ran around me
And some Spaniards spoke in front of me
Finally feeling rested
I went about the task of eating
It had been awhile
Found a sushi place
Sounded interesting to eat sushi in Moscow
So I did
It was warm sushi but yummy
The guy behind the bar was the best part
He looked at me and smiled when I ordered in English and body language
When the sushi was ready
He smiled again
Bon apetit
Sometimes people think I am French
Bc my style is a little fairy like
sometimes
It was that smile
Like I will take care of you with pride
And it feels so nice
And is irresistible
Though my sister
Would hate it
Saying its patronizing
And gross
And it is but it still feels nice
A smile
That says I got it under control
Those guys have helped me so many times
Showing me to taxis they trust,
Calling handy men,
Showing me where to buy internet cards,
Phone cards,
Those paternalistic men
Have been fatherly and protective
When I needed it
Its seven pm six more hours to go

No comments: