Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Updike

But I do like Rabbit Run. And the other book is “To The lighthouse” by Virginia Woolf. And one book that I liked two years ago was “Mating” about a development freak and his phd student (female)… female voice or what about Milan kundera “laughing and forgetting” which I left in a hotel in the mountains of Georgia and I only had a chapter left…or orhan pamuk’s “snow” which I didn’t finish bc it was too intense but good or this historical novel about edgar allen poe which I lost in the doctor’s office so I never finished although I had two or three pages left. I really like historical novels. That was my phase of losing books. I haven’t lost a book in a long time. Its all part of maturity I suppose. Two years ago I read “love and beauty” about two best friend writers and one of them dies bc she has this horrible jaw problem that depresses her. thats by my other favorite writer who is based in Nashville ann patchett. I have a book of hers now but I haven’t started it. And I loved Junot Diaz The Amazing Brief life of Oscar Wao or something like that.

No comments: