Thursday, November 6, 2008

Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan

I am now in Bishkek and I am not in a good mood. I am tired of meetings, tired of thinking, tired of having dinners, walks, flights, drives with male colleagues. My hotel smells like someone took a big shit and turned on the heater to make sure it stays in the room extra long.

But on a more grateful note Bishkek is a bit more manageable than Tajikistan, more developed, more accessible, taxis and cars are less stinky. I don't know when my nose became so sensitive. I used to smell shit all day and it didn't bother me. It must be myoverly sterilized American life.

Bishkek looks like every Soviet movie you ever saw. Dark, cold, gray sky, gray buildings and tall skinny trees. Mountains are everywhere and thats nice to see.

I have no more pages in my passport, something I just realized coming into Tajikistan. I think I have two half pages and I have no more full page visas to get, so I should be ok.

No comments: