Friday, February 8, 2013

My Ode to Ashkan



 There’s a guy
Who I’ve known
For not even a year
Though I’ve seen his curls
Wiggle to the sky
And his smiles
change the traffic lights

There was a morning
When I was so sad
He sent me moving pictures of him
In the basement next to the pink box of detergent
A boxy black and white instrument
In his hands
Up and down sound shoot through
Computer speakers
And suddenly
There’s life
Green is growing
Maybe a sun is shining
And hidden from under
A mound of Emptiness
Is a smile
Previously lost
In a pocket
Of a coat
I thought I gave away

He told the Richards to shut up
Certain and stubborn
So I did too

His heart is rare, like a stone
No one knows the name of yet

He’s a quiet guy
Though they think he’s loud
He’s cooking ideas
When others are sleeping

He’s loba
and he is very important
like a badge that gets you into
some awesomeness room

No comments: