Sunday, September 11, 2011

kado

on the train back from sousse to tunis
a guy sat next to me
and we talked in the worst way
with my nothing french
and his nothing english
we talked about the islamic party
then he said facebook?
and i said yes
and wrote my name down
then he handed me his lighter
"kado"
i demonstrated with my hands
that i can't fly with the lighter
okay
then we arrived to tunis
je suis ravi du parlouz avec toi
i was confused
and he motioned that he is going
he shook my hand
bye
and i got it and he smiled
and that smile
had something in it
the mix of bye
and that smile
i walked out of the train station
onto the street
i was the only tourist on the train
in the station
i walked out 
hoping i would find a taxi
and looking for him
the boy
just because that smile
radiated me
but he was nowhere
and i walked out the door
of the station
all the bustle of people and cars
in the night
"maryam"
and before me was him
"kado"
it was a leather bracelet

No comments: