Monday, December 13, 2010

Sitting in Evin

You are 31
like me
You are funnier than me
I am more sarcastic
You have green eyes
and short hair
You will turn 32 in a few months
Me, sooner

I drink whiskey in the cold winter
and buy coffee in the size of a cup
already made
I walk to the movies
and to work
I feel
the company
of people
in the streets
I make mistakes
bigger ones that you made
and I go home at night
You don't
You sit
sit
and sit
in the opposite of home
You may walk around for 15 minutes
a day
You don't talk to anyone
He doesn't either
he is 28
a computer programmer
will he remember how to program
when he gets out?
how quickly does the mind
go soft?
How long can the mind
converse with itself
before
it loses who said what
and it all becomes noise
that no one hears
He was a journalist
She played piano
They are our age
They sit
alone
and watch years of growth
go by



how big is that building?
there are so many of you
 how do you architect
a building
that seals
the dreams
of youth?

No comments: