Tuesday, April 6, 2010

i looked for you

It was inside the yellow black
Dots
Of the velvet cocoon of petals
That I searched for you
With a glass
I looked in between
Certain that there you would be
Once I learned that you were not
I fell to the ground
And among the green blades
I followed an ant
A burden on his back
I searched for you
Along his path
When he met his fellows
And you were not there
I climbed to the tree top
And balanced on the end
Certain that in the nest
Of the newborns there you would be
Into the mouth of the crying
Chick I looked
And you were not to be found
And so I climbed to the mountain top
Searching in the clouds for your laughter
Feeling in the wind for your embrace
I came down from the mountain
And into my bed
I looked under the sheets
In that white shell of light
You were not to be found
My head fell back onto
the feathers of birds
I grew tired
or entranced
I closed my eyes

And there you were

No comments: