Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Domination



What was special and strange about being in all that nature, in that valley of green was that for first time in a long time I felt like I was the minority and the guest, that the land was not controlled by me; as they flew from tree to tree, the birds ignored me and the hundred or so other humans lucky and hungry enough to be sitting and standing or dancing in the crook of those two Andean mountains ranges, the air and trees dominated over me, the sounds and rain came as they pleased, I was determined by them, and they were governed by their own laws, maps, design- the source and logic of which we had become too dense to understand- unlike the city where the squirrels, birds, trees fit neatly into my walk down the sidewalk to work, here, we had to follow nature’s way, and we were crap at it, though like a distant memory that one just cannot place, there was a sense that perhaps we once could, but we had become impotent, had forgotten something and couldn't remember what it was, it was like a faint scent of nostalgia,like remembering a smell from an estranged hometown in an abandoned country, this ability we once had to stay in the valley; as we stood out looking onto the valley the rain began to pour, unable to find what we had lost, we got into the taxi and left for the restaurant.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

NNiiiiiiice!