Sunday, August 24, 2008

Interference


In the twilight

Soft water moved over my hands
transient light
folded in the bends of the ripples

my turbulent entrance
spun the plankton
into brilliance
Like spatulas, hands
shoveled the water to the sides
And the minuscule disco balls
Chased after the waves

Under the surface
I shook my body
the hurricane
created a galaxy

star powder
illuminated the ebony abyss
revealing lucid green water

Above the aqueous cavern
My head rested back on the surface
the still water
held me hovering at the horizon

Laying in quiet
I gazed into the heart of the sky
dots glowed above and below
me

I swam towards the line
Where the black sky
Met the black water
My wake
Resonated over the mangroves

Peering before infinity
I wondered if I had
exceeded my stay in the sea

Turning, I
pushed the horizon
and the handfuls of light behind me
with gentle strokes

I swam away from the dark celestial boundary
Ended my intrusion
And emerged from the night swim

No comments: